Reciprocating VS Rotary

It is very easy to take for granted how marvelous and remarkable an internal combustion engine really is- in fact, I think it is incomprehensible.

The MotoCzysz engine designed for the C1 is one of the most powerful (hp per liter) engines ever built in America. It has a mean piston speed of 25 meters per second which is an unremarkable 56 miles per hour, a speed typically driven daily. However the trip for the C1 piston is much shorter than your daily commute, the piston leaves its location (home) and arrives at its destination (office) after traveling less than 2”, yet still manages a respectable 56MPH average for the entire trip. So a piston starts and stops much quicker than the family mini van.

The C1 has a redline of 16,000 rpm, much higher than the average car engine, a little higher than the average sportbike engine but lower than a Formula One engine. At 16,000 rpm each piston makes its commute (home to office) 533 times per second or 160 times during the blink of your eye. Also the piston is not a solo commuter (part) it has on average 10 additional parts (rod, rings, pin, bolts, etc) that commute with it and the piston typically drives in convoys with 4, 6, 8, 10 even sometimes 12 other “commuters” and that is just the pistons. There are 16 to 32 valves in the average car that also obediently “commute” along with hundreds of other parts that add to the “traffic”.

So effectively, after a hundred years, we have artfully evolved a machine that can convert outrages reciprocating motion into simple, purposeful rotary torque. What if we removed all the reciprocating insanity/beauty and replaced it with a single rotating part, the result- a magic torque generator, an engine for the future, more likely from Mars than Detroit. Enter the electric motor.

One part- going one direction

D1-10 on Dyno

Energy storage/conversion aside, the electric motor is the simplest most efficient tool for the job- if that job is to create rotary drive torque. The problem is, there has never been an electric motor specifically designed for a motorcycle let alone a Superbike.

Motorcycles are highly evolved machines that benefit the rider significantly when the ideal torque delivery is achieved. This “engine characteristic” is an important factor allowing the rider to feel more in control and confident and thus get the most out of his/her machine. The greatest strives to deliver idyllic torque has come from the abundance of electronic aides to fix the problems of the internal combustion engine. The ultimate electronic aid- a purpose built electric motor.

The first version MotoCzysz D1-10 generates over 100rwhp (rear wheel hp) which may not sound like much until you add the 250ft/lbs of torque to the equation. A current 2010 600cc sportbike makes 118hp (105+- rwhp) and 48 ft/lbs of torque at the crank, so the RWHP is right on target, the game changer is torque. Torque is the accelerative force; a motorcycle with more torque will out accelerate a motorcycle with less torque. Geared for the same top speed, we calculate our D1-10 motor will out accelerate a current 600cc in line four. The other “motor” benefit- the D1-10 delivered its power by converting 90% of the on board energy into torque, the 600cc in-line four- 35%.

Three MotoCzysz dyno records were broke on the last run;
1- Highest ever measured torque
2- Highest ever measured RPM
3- no oil leaks… (on at least one run)

This after one year of evolution- 99 more to go.

MC

PS. yes- we were on the limiter…

clomid, synthroid, zithromax, accutane, celebrex

61 Responses to “Reciprocating VS Rotary”

1. Nice blog here! Also your site loads up very fast!
    What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link
    to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

2. dunelm mill voucher page…

Reciprocating VS Rotary « Club MotoAmerica…

3. Alexi says:

Alexi…

4. kpi.ua says:

Good wayy of telling, and fastidious post to take information on the topic of
    my presentation subject matter, which i am going to convey in college.

Feel free too visit my website … naturral coconut water benefits (kpi.ua)

5. Anantha says:

Anantha…

6. Venita says:

Venita…

7. ??-?????????????.xn--p1ai…

8. diy cascade national boiler services orange…

9. Azmeena says:

Azmeena…

10. Appolonia says:

Appolonia…

11. vodafone promo code…

Leave a Reply